The first few days of the expedition were filled with activity that kept me very busy, but when we arrived on the mountain the schedule slowed down and I began thinking about home and the people I left behind. I had regrets that made me doubt myself, my abilities, and my reasons for being there. Those feelings were part of what ultimately ended in a failure to summit and a costly lesson in priorities. I learned that my desire for adventures cannot be fulfilled at the cost of my marriage, family, and ministry. Since then I have worked hard to finish strong at home and at work, so I can enjoy the mountains and the passion they renew in me for my family and my work. This adventure is five months long so it is more important than ever that I finish strong so my heart, mind, and body are fully committed to the goal of hiking from Mexico to Canada. It will be a physical, mental, and spiritual adventure that I believe will prepare me for the next chapter in my life.
“The will of God is not something you add to your life. It’s a course you choose. You either line yourself up with the Son of God…or you capitulate to the principle which governs the rest of the world.” -Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!