Oh, and did I mention the solid wifi and internet cafe with five laptops? I'm typing this post on one right now! There are books to read, guitars to play, a full post office with a postal scale, postage, and priority boxes for shipping. There are lots of chairs for relaxing and interesting people to talk to. As I was riding the bike back to their house, Rock Ocean, the trail angel who gave me a ride in Big Bear showed up!
As much as I love this place, I plan on leaving tomorrow morning and getting back on the trail. The desert section from Agua Dulce to Highway 58 is often the hottest part of the trail, but the weather over the next few days is going to be cooler than normal, so I am blessed!
Most of the people I am hiking with went on the shuttle ride to REI. I didn't need any gear so I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing and enjoying a day of rest. How appropriate that it is Sunday!
Thanks again to everyone who is reading, commenting, and praying for me. It has been an amazing journey so far and it has only been 455 miles!
Butter Fingers has a new pair of shoes! I bet I can hike really fast now!
I could have gone another 100 plus miles on this pair of shoes.
ReplyDelete