Pages

Mammoth Lakes!

I arrived in Mammoth Lakes on Tuesday, June 17th, and Eva arrived the next day with the newest addition to the family, our dog Holly! We had four days together to eat, relax, eat, sleep, eat, day hike, eat, and resupply for the next section of the PCT, the hike to Sonora Pass. It was wonderful to see Eva and spend time together. We ate at our favorite restaurants, hiked some of our favorite trails, and spent lots of time catching up on what's happening at home, work, and church. Mammoth Lakes is a beautiful mountain town that we have been visiting on an annual basis since we spent a week there on our honeymoon.

On Sunday morning, I begin hiking again after a huge breakfast at The Stove with Eva and another PCT hiker I met on the trail. He started hiking the PCT the same day I did, April 24th, but I don't remember meeting him until much later. He arrived in Mammoth on Saturday and won't be leaving until Monday, but it will be nice to share a meal together before I leave. I have enjoyed seeing Eva, but I am also excited to get back on the trail. I have hiked 906 miles, but there are 1,750 miles left before I reach Canada and the sooner I get hiking, the sooner I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!