I'm at mile 1,662 in Seiad Valley. The post office, store, and cafe are all in one building. I've eaten two breakfasts waiting for the post office to open. I thought it opened at 8am but it will be noon before I can get my resupply box. There is no cell phone service here, but I have wifi to text and blog. The Oregon border is only 37 miles away. In two days I'll be in Oregon!
I arrived here early in the morning hoping to beat the heat. It's supposed to get to 100 degrees today and the trail climbs 7,200 feet in 20 miles; 4,900 feet in the first 10 miles. Now that I'm waiting till noon to get my resupply box, I'll be doing that climb in the heat of the day. I'm so excited. The forecast says the heat will continue for the next few days with thunder storms tomorrow and the following day.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!