Pages

Trail Detour

This huge shattered tree is laying across the trail. It's called blow down. While most of the trees laying across the trail are not this big, each presents a problem to be solved: over, under, or around. This section of the trail has lots of blow down. I counted 43 trees today that were laying across the trail. One area that was very difficult to even see the trail was caused by a snow avalanche during the winter. It was like being in a maze. Some trees fell across trail switchbacks which meant I hopped over the same tree 2-3 times. It slowed my progress a bit but so did the extreme amount of uphill hiking: 6,500 feet in one day. I'm 12 miles from Steven's Pass, where I will hitch 23 miles west on Hwy 2 to the town of Baring where I will resupply at a trail angel's house. When l leave Steven's Pass and begin hiking again, I'll only be 205 miles and one resupply away from Canada! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!