![]() |
| On the JMT section of the PCT |
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John MuirSome of my earliest childhood memories are walking, exploring and spending time outdoors. I loved to explore the orange grove at the end of our street in Yorba Linda and taking long walks on the paved bike path. I remember walking through the neighborhood, thinking, singing, and talking to myself. Camping trips, fishing trips, and family vacations were all opportunities to take a walk and explore new places. In college I preferred walking to driving and would often walk to work, church and anywhere else that time allowed.
It is common to find me walking on my lunch break during the work week and more than once a co-worker has stopped to ask if I need a ride somewhere. I smile and say no...I'm walking on purpose! Eva and I often walk to a local shopping area for dinner, ice cream, or to do some shopping. Friday is my day off and more often than not I am hiking somewhere from sunrise to sunset and get home in time for dinner.
I am excited to think that for five months, my primary mode of travel will be walking. I may hitch-hike into a few towns along the trail to resupply, but I plan on walking all 2,650 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail. Keep calm and hike on!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!