Pages

Eating


A One Pound Snickers Bar!
"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat all our provisions now,
so that we shan't have so much to carry." Winnie the Pooh

Planning meals for 5 months on the trail is a challenge. I am preparing resupply boxes to be mailed to me along the trail. I will pre-pack the first two months of food and supplies before I leave and Eva will pack the next three months after we see how well I have estimated how much I will eat and what my taste buds will be craving. Post offices, stores, homes, gas stations, resorts, campgrounds, and state parks will receive my packages and hold them for me until I arrive. I will be purchasing some food along the way to supplement what is mailed to me, but the bulk of what I eat will be prepared in advance so I can quickly resupply and keep moving.

I am ordering many of my dinners from Mountain House but breakfast, lunches, and snacks and some dinners will be purchased at Costco and my local grocery store. I'm guessing I will need a thousand Ziploc bags in various sizes to repackage my meals. Eva makes some amazing fruit leather and she will be busy for several months dehydrating bananas and berries for the PCT. I'll be eating lots of oatmeal, granola, nuts, pop tarts, peanut butter, hot chocolate, tea, tuna and crackers, trail mix, dried fruit, cookies, candy, and cheese. I'm getting hungry just writing about it! Keep calm and hike on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!