Pages

God's Great Dance Floor

There is a quote by Wendell Berry that suggests the Bible makes more sense when read outdoors. You can read the quote here. I think the same thing may be true about some of the worship music we sing in church. Recently we started singing a new song entitled "God's Great Dance Floor." Here are some of the lyrics:


I’m coming back to the start,
where You found me
I’m coming back to Your heart,
now I surrender
Take me, this is all I can bring.

You’ll never stop loving us,
no matter how far we run
You’ll never give up on us,
all of heaven shouts:
Let the future begin,
let the future begin.

I feel alive, I come alive,
I am alive on God’s great dance floor.

I used to watch the vocalists at church sing this song and dance on stage wondering what all the fuss was about, and then one day, I closed my eyes and imagined singing it in the wilderness, in a mountain meadow, in my trail running shoes, shorts, and t-shirt, and all of a sudden, it just made sense. Nature is where I feel God's presence and surrender myself to Him. Splashing in a mountain stream is where I experience His love and the promise of a future. Standing on a mountain top I come alive and feel like dancing! 

There is a woman on the worship team at my church who can really dance. She's not a show off, and would probably be embarrassed if she knew I was writing about her, but I love the way she moves when she worships God, and I bet God enjoys it too! I would love to learn to dance like that...to express praise, worship, joy, thanksgiving, and grace with my whole body! Maybe I'll get inspired as I hike and it will just pour out of me...on God's great dance floor.

Here is a light hearted video called the PCT Happy Dance. I look forward to dancing my way to Canada!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!