Today I passed the 100 mile marker! I did a little dance with my hiking poles and finished the day at Barrel Springs: a flat area with some big oak trees and a horse water trough for water...with tadpoles swimming inside. (I'm thinking that means the water is safe to drink, right?) We also hiked 23 miles today and I'm feeling very good! Still no blisters, bug bites, or chafing...just one skinned knee that is healing quite nicely. I fell down...apparently I can't walk and eat granola at the same time. 😁
Tonight we celebrate the first 100 miles and our 23 mile day in style: Top Ramen and Snickers...make that two please!
I'm so grateful for the people who are reading my blog, Facebook, and Twitter posts. It is so encouraging and I never feel alone! Blessings to you all!
I hiked alone for most of the day and didn't use my MP3 player so I could hear the rattlesnakes. (I didn't see or hear any.) So, I had lots of time to amuse myself. Here is my idea: I'm going to tweet a hiking joke each day...something original and funny, I hope. Since you are a loyal blog reader I'll share the first one with you here: You might be a long distance hiker if...you consider a mini travel size pack of baby wipes equal to a shower! (Don't worry I'm just getting warmed up.)
Tomorrow I see Eagle Rock, a PCT landmark, and then on to Warner Springs for a shower, clean clothes, and my second resupply box. Good night from the trail!

Congrats on 100 miles! You just have 2,622 miles to go :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, enjoy the journey. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
-Ben & Jill
I just now got on here for the first time and am reading all about your trip. I am AMAZED!! But not surprised, I must say. My husband, Stu, and I will be following your posts and we're cheering you on! WOW!!!
ReplyDelete