Pages

An Apple For The Teacher

At our family Christmas gathering, I shared my plans to hike the Pacific Crest Trail with my cousin, Sandra. She did her best to be supportive as I explained my crazy idea to walk from Mexico to Canada. (Editor's note: PCT-What is that? You are going to walk HOW far for HOW long?) My plans continued to develop, my website began to take shape, and I started looking for someone to proofread and edit content. I also wanted someone to test the site and help make it user friendly. If only I knew a retired teacher who might be interested in reading every word I write for the next nine months...

In January, I contacted Sandra and asked her to be my website and blog editor. She graciously agreed, and after getting her set up as an editor on my blog, she got right to work proofing each post. She corrected grammar, spelling, and asked thoughtful questions that helped me communicate effectively. She also edited the website content and made suggestions on making it more user friendly. If after all her editing, you still find a typo or broken link, that’s because I keep making changes to the website. I just can’t leave well enough alone. I keep tinkering with the text and layout. It’s just a Type A personality thing.

Thank you Sandra for all you have done to make my website and blog readable. Your proofreading is spot on and your suggestions are always helpful. Thank you in advance for cleaning up my blog posts from the trail, all 150 of them. It has been my privilege to have your help with my PCT adventure and when I get ready to write my first book, I’ll let you know. Keep calm and edit on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!