Pages

Saying Good Bye

"I wish you well and so I take my leave,
I pray you know me when we meet again."
William Shakespeare

The last few days have been filled with excitement as the beginning of my PCT hike draws ever closer, and sadness as I say good bye to my coworkers and the friends I have made over the last six years. I know it's not "good bye forever", but at the same time, five months is a long time to be gone, no matter what the circumstances. It has been a joy and privilege to work with some of the most amazing people at The House Modesto, and I will miss them as I hike the PCT. It is times like this when I realize that I have not told them often enough how much I love and appreciate them,  how much they have blessed me, encouraged me, and made me smile and laugh. There is no denying how hard we work, but we have also had lots of fun along the way and have seen so many people's lives touched by the power of God. It is a joy and a privilege to be part of something that is impacting the lives of people for eternity and building the Kingdom of God. To everyone I work with, thank you for your love and support. You blessed me on a daily basis and I will miss you. I hope you will check my blog on occasion to see how I am doing and keep me in your prayers while I am hiking. And don't forget about Eva...she is so amazing for allowing me to be away for five months. I look forward to seeing you all again after my PCT adventure. P-LO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!