Pages

“Houston, We Have A Problem”


This post was delayed do to lack of cell signal. Believe me when I say I tried everything; standing on a tall rock, holding the phone in the air, touching my nose with my finger and saying the magic words: "I Love AT&T" but still no signal.

Monday, May 5th. Total Miles: 233.
Today began like any other day...I checked my day planner and it said: hike 20 miles (I actually hiked 22.) It was a hot day with lots of uphill, and I was moving slower than normal, but since we started at 4:30am I had plenty of time. I only started with a liter of water because I knew I could get more in 3 miles at the office for the Mesa Wind Farm. When I arrived at the office, I took off my headlamp and backpack and chatted with the employees about windmills just in case they needed some help before grabbing the water. When I arrived in camp tonight I realized I left my headlamp in the wind farm office. Total bummer :(

I am alone for the first time tonight. Hiking separately is normal, but Love Line and I have been camping together quite a few days. I'm not sure where he is. I have a nice campsite and just finished a nice dinner of Top Ramen and peanuts. 

I've heard from three people on the trail that a storm is coming in tonight: strong winds and rain lasting through tomorrow. 

So... When I have cell signal again, I'll work on getting a new headlamp. I don't like camping alone, but that's life on the trail. Maybe Lost And Found will catch up by the time I resupply in Big Bear or God will send me someone else to hike with. 

Without a headlamp, I'm going to go to bed early tonight. There is no sign of a storm right now, but I set up my tent with the rain fly just in case. I just shot this photo of a deer right outside my tent. It's dark, but you can see see it! 
I better finish now and save my battery...just in case I need to use my phone as a flashlight. Thanks again to everyone who is reading and following along!

Keep calm and hike on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!