Pages

Thank You Readers!

That's right! Today we hit 10,000+ page views on the blog! Over 300 people have visited the website and people are also following along on Facebook and Twitter. I can't tell you how much it means to me that people are following along on my adventure and sharing their thoughts and comments! You are a blessing.

Eva met me in Tehachapi today and we drove to Bakersfield to enjoy two days together. I am trying to adjust to the speed of normal life. I drove the car for the first time in a few weeks and was amazed at how fast everything was moving...I had a hard time driving fast enough on the freeway, lol! Eva brought our laptop and I have balanced the check book, scanned some documents, voted absentee, updated the apps on my phone and tonight we have plans to meet some friends for dessert! For the next two days I plan to rest, eat, swim, and sleep in a real bed! It almost feels like cheating! :)  Some of the people I have been hiking with are leaving the trail for a week or more to allow time for more of the snow in the High Sierra to melt. I don't plan to wait that long to enter the promised land, so I am ordering an ice axe and having it shipped to me at Kennedy Meadows Store, my next resupply stop. Just like the postal service: neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from the swift completion of the PCT!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!