Pages

High Calorie, High Fat-By Eva

It was so nice to spend time with Loren in Mammoth Lakes this week. It almost felt like a regular summer vacation spent in our favorite vacation spot. There were a couple of reminders that this was not the usual summer vacation though... 1. Loren's handsome beard, and 2. Loren's a bit skinnier than the man I left at the border. He is so skinny in fact, he can take off his jeans without unbuttoning or unzipping them! So, of great importance during our few days together was getting Loren to eat as much as possible with the hopes of adding a few of those lost pounds back. Each meal included the highest calorie and fat counts possible: re-fried beans instead of black beans, white flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas. Each meal also included dessert and of course some chocolate from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory to wash dessert down. It reminded me of poor little Violet from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. "You're turning violet, Violet!" The poor guy rolled out of our favorite restaurants just like Violet did. 

Now as I head back home and continue my role as Base Camp Manager, I am scouting out higher calorie, higher fat options that I can put into his resupply boxes. Funny that I can't find a single product wrapping that boasts this fact. Everything says "Lite" or "Low calorie". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!