Pages

I've Been Busy Hiking

Since leaving Burney Falls State Park, where I spent two days with Eva, my goal has been to hike as fast as possible to reach the border of Washington, where I get to see Eva again! I hear Oregon will be easier hiking, but I'm still about 98 miles from Oregon. I have hiked 178 miles since Burney Falls and averaged 27.2 miles a day. It's been very challenging, and I  know I need to slow down a bit to save my feet and my sanity. I'm taking a day off and hitching 10 miles into a small town named Etna to wash clothes, shower, eat, and sleep in a bed. My right foot needs some ice and rest! I'll be back on the trail the next day and should reach the Oregon border in 5 days. 

The hiking in this area has been difficult with lots of altitude change and sections that had very little water. On the positive side the weather has been good and the mosquitoes are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!