Monday, July 14-Half Way To Canada!
Today I reached the half way point on the Pacific Crest Trail. Above are pictures from the monument at the half way point. I've hiked 1,325 miles since April 24. That averages out to 16.1 miles a day when you include 5 "zeros" (no hiking) and 4 "neros" (less than 8 miles) in the total number of days. Since leaving Tahoe, my daily mileage has increased to 22 miles per day with no zeros or neros and I think it will get closer to 25 miles per day over the next few weeks. I have already hiked a 33 mile day and I'm planning on a 40 mile day somewhere in Oregon...just to see if I can. I plan to finish the second half of the PCT faster than the first half. I'm having a great time but there is no reason to dilly dally...Canada is calling my name!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!