Pages

There's No Crying in Disneyland by Eva

This week a disc jockey on the radio shared about his trip to Disneyland. The disc jockey said that he observed a child there crying because she wasn't being allowed to push the stroller. There she was in the middle of Disneyland and all she could do was fret over some insignificant thing like her stroller! 

It reminded me of a book I read some months ago called Notes From the Tilt-A-Whirl by N.D. Wilson. The book challenged me to consider my life as a story full of excitement, love, sorrow, intrigue and all the things that make a great novel. I am the main character in my novel and it's written by God himself just for me- and the excitement of each new day is to find out what that day's chapter has in store.  I'm pretty good at enjoying my personal novel in the good times. But I often forget this in the day to day.  I know Loren is experiencing and fully enjoying his novel right now. Even though he may be suffering from a few blisters, sore muscles and mosquito bites, he continues to call me with an excitement in his voice because of all he is experiencing. 

This chapter in my novel is unique to any I've ever been in before. It includes lonely times, new challenges, disappointments, delicacies never savored before, trips to places I've never been before and an unshared bed. But it's my novel and as Wilson writes, "Scene after scene is given to you and the teeming universe in the audience waits for your reaction, for your line, waits to see if you'll yell at the fat-faced child who spilled the milk, or if you'll laugh and kiss a cheek... What will your character do when the petty things happen, when your car betrays you in the cold? When the pipes freeze?" and may I add, "When your husband leaves for five months to participate in a new chapter of his own story." 

So if you hear me whining because I miss my hubby, just remind me... There's no crying in Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!