Pages

Last Post Until Canada

So...unless my beautiful wife decides to write additional blog posts, this will be the last post until I have cell service in Canada.

There is no cell service or wifi along the trail for the final 200 miles from Steven's Pass in Washington to Manning Park, BC. This is truly a remote and wild section of the trail. The posts I composed on the previous section of the trail have been posted by Eva and it may be a week before you hear from me again on Twitter, Facebook or this blog. Don't let the silence worry you. :) Continue to pray for good weather through the end of my hike. Multiple days of rain or a snow storm would be a miserable way to end the adventure. 

I have picked a date for Eva to meet me in Manning Park, BC. at the end of the trail. I need to average 22 miles a day to be there on time. I have heard from several hikers that the next 98 miles are the hardest on the trail so I'll have to work hard to keep our schedule. I may try to communicate with Eva during this strech of trail by finding hikers or campers who will have cell service before I will and send her a text on their phone, but that's not a sure thing.

After she picks me up in Manning Park, we will spend a day or two in Vancouver, and then fly home! I look forward to resuming a normal life with a roof, indoor plumbing, cars, beds, showers, daily changes of clothes, a job, a much healthier diet, and most of all, being together with Eva!

1 comment:

  1. John Sorrentino9/13/14, 9:59 AM

    That's so awesome Pastor Loren, best of luck ok the last stretch! Can't wait to see you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!