It's officially 2014! Before today, my plan to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail felt like something in the distant future. It was always next year, but now next year is this year and the clock is ticking! In the next two months, I will have to make a final go/no go decision for a 2014 thru-hike. If it is a go, I will need to choose a start date, finalize my itinerary, apply for permits, contact resupply locations to verify shipping instructions, and begin packing resupply boxes Eva will mail to me. I will need to go shopping for my food (300 lbs.), make some final clothing and gear decisions, and complete a list of "honey do" projects at home. I will need to find a good landscaper to take care of the yards while I am gone. I am committing myself now to workout and run five days a week, eat healthy, and hike as often as I can to make sure my feet and legs are ready. Can you tell I'm hopeful and excited? Keep calm and hike on!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!