It Makes Me Nervous
When I think about hiking the PCT I get excited. When I think about being away from my job for five months, I get nervous. (Please let me come back. I love my job!) I'm the kind of guy that had my first job in elementary school. (I got in trouble at school and had to clean bathrooms as a punishment...I did such a good job, they offered to pay me.) I had a paper route, mowed lawns, fixed small appliances, mixed audio, and was a electronic test technician all before attending college. I worked to pay for college as the campus electrician, phone man, sound man, and a part time youth pastor. (Exactly when did I study?) I have never been without a job. I have never had to wonder what's next...what will I do now? I know I will enjoy hiking the PCT, but I am concerned that I will spend too much time worrying about what I will do after the hike. I have to remember that God has made this hike possible and He has something great for me after it is over. I just have to hike to Canada to find out what it is! Keep calm and hike on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!