I know what it's like to feel God's pleasure and I feel it when I hike. I feel God's pleasure in my body in the rhythm of walking and breathing. I know the joy and satisfaction of hiking over a steep mountain pass or covering 20+ miles a day. I feel God's pleasure in nature: "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good" Genesis 1:31. I feel the sun, wind, and rain and hear the sounds of nature. I see the clouds, trees, flowers and grass and rejoice in knowing the God who made it all. Here is a good blog post that also takes Eric Liddell's words and applies them in a very theological and practical way. You don't have to hike 2,650 miles to honor God with your body! Keep calm and hike on.
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." Mark Twain
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." Mark Twain

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!