Pages

Let It Rain!

Click HERE for a Current Graph
Back in the fall of 2013, when I began thinking about hiking the PCT in 2014, I told my wife that if we had a wet winter with higher than average precipitation, I would postpone the trip. I didn't want to hike through the High Sierra in June with the mountain passes covered in snow. It was one of many things I thought could derail my plans to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail. As I prayed about the timing for my hike, I made sure God knew the right snow conditions and the personal issues that could affect my ability to be away from home for five months. I am happy to report that my personal concerns have been resolved and the only issue now is that the desert sections might be too dry! So I'm joining everyone else in praying for rain...just not too much. With less snow in the mountains, I am thinking about starting my hike earlier -- maybe the week after Easter. I will make a final decision on a start date by the beginning of March. I have to apply for a hiking permit with the PCTA. It can take up to a month to process the application and receive my permit. Keep calm and rain on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!