Pages

Hike Your Own Hike-HYOH

There are as many reasons to hike the PCT as there are ways to hike it. There are plenty of inspiring stories and lots of helpful hiking advice on the web and in the published guidebooks. I have enjoyed many hours of reading online and studying guidebooks and I think I have a good idea of what to expect as I hike through each section of the PCT.

Being a planner by nature, I have enjoyed creating a detailed hiking itinerary and preparing 26 resupply packages to be mailed or personally delivered to me along the trail. I think my hiking plan is reasonable based my experience, but this is not a military march or a race and I am going to follow the advice of so many thru-hikers who have completed the PCT before me: Hike Your Own Hike (HYOH). I am going to try to relax and enjoy the journey...if I don't make my mileage one day; I'm not going to punish myself the next day with lots of extra miles. If there is an amazing campsite or I make friends along the trail, I want to have the freedom to adjust my schedule a bit. That being said, getting to Canada before the snow starts piling up in Washington will not happen if I don't average 20 miles a day every day. Keep calm and hike on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!