I have my campfire permit, PCT hiking permit, and Canadian Border permit! Thank you USPS! I can check those off the to-do list! I will carry the first two documents with me the entire trail along with my driver's license. (I may not need a licence for driving, but without a photo ID, I can't pickup my resupply packages at the post office.) Eva will bring me the Canadian Border permit along with my Passport when we meet in Portland. Along with a credit card, I'll also be carrying some cash because many of the small towns along the trail don't accept credit cards. There is one town that does not have land line or cell phone service. The only thing that works in the area are satellite phones.
Today I enjoyed a 15 mile round trip hike to the summit of Mt. Diablo in beautiful weather. I tested some new shoes which was a great success. There were very few people on the trail and I enjoyed the solitude. There were a few people working on the trail and I thanked them for their service. For the first time I was thanked for being a hiker and visiting the park! Keep calm and hike on!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!