Pages

Eva Is Letting You Go? by Eva


It's 3:00 in the morning and I've listened to my husband toss, turn, pace the house and return to bed many times. Now he has given up on sleep and distracts himself with middle-of-the-night television waiting for the clock to say its time to get up and head for the Mexican border. He's obviously too excited to sleep. This would be a good time to try to finish answering the questions from friends as they've heard about Loren's plans. Usually the conversation goes something like this...

                   "You're doing what? And Eva is going to let you go for 5 months?" 

Yes, I am letting him go. And if you know my husband and have seen the glimmer in his eye and heard the flood of words gush from this normally pensive man as he talks about his trip, you understand why I am. After talking with my friend about it, I've decided the best word to describe this desire within him is Passion- A passion for the mountains. A passion for experiencing God's creation. A passion for knowing God as creator. A passion that few of us understand because few of us have it in our own lives. But shouldn't we all live with this same passion. Isn't it how Jesus lived? Isn't it why he died? I believe this is truly the way God would have us live...passionately!  So I let him go to fulfill this passion within him and to take the time to consider and pray about my own.  And let me encourage you friend, to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Marlene Burruel4/30/14, 4:32 PM

    Eva! Oh my goodness! Today is April 30th and I'm just now having the chance to learn about this journey that Loren is on. Before reading any further, I wanted to stop and comment to you here. I love that you support your husband so strongly in his passion. What a beautiful wife you are. This will be an amazing journey for your entire family, and I can't wait to follow along. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!