Rest and Resupply
Time for a few days of rest and resupply. I've been hiking at faster pace than I expected, and I'm about a week ahead of my original schedule. The concern is, I don't want to arrive in the High Sierra until most of the snow is gone. Snow creates challenges for navigation, is difficult to hike through, and makes mountain passes dangerous (and there are at least a dozen mountain passes in the High Sierra). Snow also means there will be swarms of mosquitoes just below the snow line where the ground is wet and muddy. I arrive in Tehachapi on Friday and Eva will pick me up there on Saturday and we'll drive to Bakersfield which has more amenities. I'll start hiking again on Monday when Eva drops me off at Highway 58, where I hitched into Tehachapi. A family member of someone my mother is friends with is planning on meeting me at Highway 178 at Walker Pass and I'll spend the night with him in Ridgecrest before returning to the trail. It has been exciting meeting hikers, trail angels, and making new friends along the trail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!