Pages

Run For The Border

Yesterday was my last day at work and today Eva and I are driving to southern California so I can begin hiking tomorrow! I am so excited! I have been packed and ready to go for over a week! We have plans to connect with friends in the Fresno area before we reach our destination for the evening, about 40 miles from the border. Eva will drive me to the border early Thursday morning where we will take a few pictures and then I'll hit the trail! Now, if I can just focus on driving and keeping my excitement under control so I don't get a ticket for speeding. It will take us about 8 hours to drive to the border of Mexico from Modesto, but the return trip, hiking the PCT, will take approximately two months to cover the same distance. Walking isn't the most efficient mode of transportation, but it promises to be much more of an adventure.
“Walking is the only form of transportation in which a man proceeds erect - like a man - on his own legs, under his own power. There is immense satisfaction in that.” -Edward Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!