Pages

Thru-Hiking School

Today Eva and I are attending ADZPCTKO http://adzpctko.org/ at Lake Morena along with a few hundred other people. Most are also thru-hikers. We attended workshops on trail conditions, desert hiking, water and snow conditions, overuse injuries, snow travel, bears, food, fire, etc. (Mom, for your sanity, please skip the next paragraph.)

The day began with a somber announcement that a PCT hiker died the day before near the lake. He was close to the lake, right on the trail, and I actually witnessed the emergency team performing CPR on the young man on my hike from the border to the lake. I watched and prayed as they worked hard to revive him. The initial reports are that he was suffering from dehydration and heat exhaustion. NBC San Diego News Report It was a reminder to everyone that hiking the PCT is not to be taken lightly. Please pray with me for the young man's family!

Tomorrow morning I will say good bye to Eva at the lake and continue hiking north. I'll see her again in a month. The weather report calls for rain tonight, wind tomorrow and heat later in the week. It was nice to have a break today and spend it with Eva, but I'm ready to get hiking again. The trail is calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!