Pages

A PCT Celebrity!

First things first: before I explain how Data Base became a PCT celebrity, it is important to note we are wearing the same shoes! His are size 15 and mine are size 11, but I'm still excited to find someone who has the same taste in hiking footwear. 

So now for the famous part. There is a small cafe in Big Bear called Grizzly Manor, and they have a pancake challenge: eat 6 of their huge pancakes in an hour and you win $50.  Yesterday morning, when Data Base came off the trail, he ate at the Grizzly Manor and polished off six pancakes with two minutes to spare. It is only the third time in the history if the challenge that someone has succeeded. 

Data Base is the talk of the town and the next day the cook at the cafe was still talking it up when I ate there for breakfast. It was fun to meet Data Base that same morning on the ride to the trailhead and hear the story first hand.

Just for the record. I saw one of the pancakes and there is no way I could eat 6. I ordered the 2 eggs, bacon, and waffle combo and finished my meal stuffed and ready to hike.

I try to eat enough calories when I am hiking, but any deficits are compensated for in town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!