Pages

Marching On!

Breakfast and a ride back to Hwy 18 at mile 266. Who knows where they are serving "all you can eat" pancakes in Big Bear?

Yesterday Rock Ocean (a trail name) gave me a ride into town. He's not hiking the trail, he's driving to all of the small towns near the Pacific Crest Trail and providing rides to hikers. It's his way of experiencing the trail, seeing the west (he is from Florida) and hanging out with hikers. He has a 1988 VW bus and it's his home for the next 5 months. I bought him breakfast today and he gave me a ride back to the trailhead; It saved me an 8 mile road walk. Chances are I'll see him again somewhere before reaching Canada! I have his phone number on speed dial! (Eva, have I mentioned how much I want a VW  van?)

The weather forecast is great for the next four days, and the trail looks rather easy considering all the uphill and downhill I have experienced in the past few days. I'm counting the miles until I get to see Eva...just 68 miles to go! When I see her, she will bring our laptop, and I'll try to update my website itinerary to reflect my current hiking pace. It seems I'm hiking a bit faster than I originally planned. 

Let the hiking begin!

7 comments:

  1. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pastor Loren!!! Are you going to try to grow your beard out like "Rock Ocean" LOL!! I bet you can out grow his! LOL! That would be awesome, but I don't think Mrs Eva would like that!
    Rooting and Praying for ya! We Miss You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva is my personal grooming consultant, so it's really up to her! If she won't let me kiss her, I'll have to shave it off!

      Delete
    2. The beard is definitely not worth losing out on the kisses from your love!! She wins every time!!

      Delete
  2. Would you like to me take an offering and/or begin fund-raisers for the VW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Please! Let the fundraising begin! I promise to share the van for camping trips!

      Delete
  3. Works for me. How about you Eva?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like the beard! Brandon had a big beard up until a few weeks ago... But Im sure he will start growing it again next winter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!