Pages

Let's Call It A Day!

Today was a great day! I hiked 12 miles out of the mountains and through the snow to reach highway 18 by noon. Within five minutes I got a ride into Big Bear, picked up my resupply package, and found an inexpensive motel room with free use of the laundry room. After doing laundry, taking a hot shower, and reorganizing my pack, I met a trail buddy for pizza and ice cream. I spent some time updating my blog, answering emails, posting pictures and video, connecting with Eva and making plans to get back on the trail tomorrow morning! 

Go to your bosom; Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know. William Shakespeare

Every day I am so grateful to have a wife who loves me and friends who believe in me. God is so good and I've been thinking a lot about His grace lately. Here is just one verse, but the whole chapter is worth reading: "to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves" (Ephesians 1:6 NIV). To me, grace means freedom. I know that makes some people nervous because they worry about what people will do with their freedom, but when God saves us and transforms us, He sets us free to love Him, serve Him, and persue the desires of our hearts. To experience God's grace is to know a love that not only forgives our past but charts a new course for our future. And what a future it is!

I hope you are having as much fun reading about the adventure as I am living it. As always, forgive the typos...it's an iPhone thing.

Butter Fingers

1 comment:

  1. typos? I haven't seen one yet! In fact, Bill and I were just commenting on how precise your posts were. Maybe when you return you can become an English/Grammar teacher? I could see you at the head of a classroom everyday with a ruler in your hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!