Pages

KOA Camping on the PCT

The tunnel under Hwy 14 near Agua Dulce. It's for water, but it beats running across the highway!
Saturday, May 17th / Miles today: 14 / Total miles: 444 / ZERO cell service

I'm at a KOA campground on Soledad Canyon Road near Acton, CA. It's like a mirage in the desert! I've showered, washed my clothes (in the sink) and taken a swim in the pool. Now it's time to relax and stay out of the sun and rest my feet. Tomorrow I'll hike into Agua Dulce and pick up my resupply box at Hiker Heaven. Almost every thru-hiker stops at the Saufleys House, aka, Hiker Heaven so it can be a very busy place. They host hikers overnight at their home and provide showers, laundry and shuttle rides into town. Eva mailed me a resupply box here and I'm excited to get it!

When I leave there, I am 112 miles and five days from reaching Hwy 58, halfway between Tehachapi and Mojave. This section of the trail will be true desert with lots of sun and wind and sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!