Pages

40 Days-Monday, June 2



Today I reached the 700 mile mark on the  PCT. I'm having a great time and look forward to picking up my resupply box in the "town" of Kennedy Meadows.
There is a small store and cafe at KM. Right now there are 40 + PCT hikers here. I've been here four hours and I've only seen five cars so I'm not sure how much business they get besides hikers. 

I had a burger for lunch and will eat another before I leave. I also plan to eat a large bag of chips, drink a 6 pack of Pepsi and devour a quart of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. (I'll be in a food coma for a few hours.) I plan to leave around 6pm to camp just a few miles up the trail. I can camp at the store, but I'll sleep better if a get away from the crowd. Some hikers hang out for a day or two, but I'm usually anxious to get hiking again. Some stay to let their bodies heal, some stay for the social atmosphere, some stay to wait for a resupply package, many stay to drink beer and smoke. There is no cell service or internet service here, so I used a Walgreens calling card at the pay phone to call Eva...I went straight to voicemail. I called again later and got to talk with her, the last time for up to a week when I reach Independence. 

I met DataBase again at Kennedy Meadows and he remembered I blogged about him completing the pancake challenge in Big Bear. He said his friends found my blog post with his picture and information. Too funny!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!