I hiked a few more miles in the afternoon and exited the PCT at mile 789 on a lateral trail over Kersarge Pass for a resupply in Independence, CA. I will reach the Kersarge Pass trail head tomorrow morning and I have a ride arranged with one of the motels in town. They will also bring me back to the trail head in the morning. Below is a picture of the area where I am camped.
Forester Pass-Sunday, June 8
I camped 4 miles from Forester Pass and was on the summit before 10am. There was large sections of snow on the south side which made the climb challenging, but there was two miles of snow on the north side of the pass and by 11am it was getting hot, the snow was softening, and I was postholing (sinking up to your knees or waist) in the snow. By noon I reached the end of the snow and stopped for lunch. The picture above has a "duck" in the foreground. These are trail markers and the theory is you can can stand at one and see the next one off in the distance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!