Sunday, June 1st / Miles today: 25 / Total miles: 698 / Climbed 4,400 ft. / No cell service
Today I reached the Kern River. It was amazing to hear the river; a familiar sight and sound in the Sierras, but not in the desert. It nice to be done with the driest part of the PCT.
Tomorrow I will hike to Kennedy Meadows store and pick up my resupply box and an ice axe I ordered online and had shipped directly to KM. I am ready for a burger and soda, and I'm craving ice cream.
It's hard to believe I have been hiking for 39 days and have completed 698 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail. Some days have been harder than others, but overall it has been an amazing adventure. It's hard to describe what it is like to hike every day, live outdoors, sleep under the stars, and carry all your belongings on your back. Even though I am still using technology, my life on the trail seems very simple. I use my phone daily for photography, GPS tracking, and blogging and for communication and weather reports when I have a signal.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!