Pages

Late To The Party

Even if you are old, you must plant. Just as you found trees planted by others, you must plant them for your children. Midrash Tanchuma (4th to 5th centuries)
For the first time in my life I know what I want. I have a voice and have something to say. I am ready to take a risk, make a difference, be a man. I  know that sounds strange coming from someone 51 years old who has graduated from college, attended graduate school, worked full time for 30 years, been married for almost as long, has two grown children and mows his own lawns. Maybe I have overstated the situation a bit, but the truth is for years I have wanted to hike the Pacific Crest Trail and never had the courage to do it until now. For years I have wanted to write something, but until now there was no evidence of it. I have something to say and I am prepared to risk being misunderstood to say it.

So it feels like I should hurry! I'm late and I have to make up for lost time! But I'm not going to do that. I am on God's time line and not mine. You are never too old and it's never too late to have a dream, set a goal, make plans then make it happen! Keep calm and dream BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!