I was dirty and ready for a shower and some real FOOD! The motel I'm staying at washed my clothes while I showered and I was on my way to Subway for a sandwich and soda, wearing a loaner t-shirt and shorts! Now that's service!
What's the drama you ask...my resupply bucket has not arrived and there is no grocery store in Independence. (Have I mentioned how small this town is?) So...we are hoping and praying it arrives today, but I won't know until about 11am.
Since the bus to Bishop, (a larger town with a grocery store 40 minutes away), leaves Independence at 8:45am, I'll take the bus to Bishop and the motel owner will call me if my package arrives. If it does, I'll have lunch in Bishop and take the bus back. If it doesn't, I'll do my resupply shopping in Bishop and return with 7 days of food. Either way, I get a break from hiking and enjoy some good food in Bishop.
10:35AM: I RECEIVED THE CALL THAT MY RESUPPLY BUCKET ARRIVED! God bless the USPS! Time to celebrate with some Mexican food and a bus ride back to Independence! I'll be back on the trail tomorrow.
My next resupply is in Mammoth Lakes and Eva is meeting me there! Now that is some serious motivation for the next 125 miles and 50,000 ft. of altitude change.
Keep calm and hike on!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!