Pages

Mountains-Wednesday, June 4


Today there were breathtaking views of mountains in all directions. It was a wonderful day of hiking and was just a taste of even better views to come. I reached an altitude of about 10,400 ft., and there were still patches of snow, although none was blocking the trail. 

I am camped with a group of 11 hikers at Diaz Creek. Someone made a small campfire and it created a very social atmosphere. Six are thru hikers and five are family and friends of one of the thru hikers who joined her at Kennedy Meadows. They plan to hike with her to Tuolome Meadows in Yosemite. Of the 11 hikers only three are men.
Tomorrow I'll leave this large group behind (most are moving much slower than me) and continue towards Mt Whitney. My overall pace in this section is a little faster than I planned and I have a resupply scheduled in Independence, CA on Tuesday, June 10th so I may need to slow down so I don't arrive early. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!