I carry a very light pair of sandals that I use for river crossings. The past few days there have been multiple river crossings each day requiring me to stop, take off my shoes and socks, put on my sandals, wade across the river, stop, dry my feet, and put my shoes and socks back on. It is a tedious process that takes 10-15 minutes and slows me down considerably. The snow also makes my shoes, socks, and feet wet and I am constantly swapping my socks to keep the driest pair on my feet.


It was another long day and I am glad it is over. I am camped in McClure Meadow and this is the view fron my campsite. I had a fast dinner, built a small campfire, and then crawled into my sleeping bag.

Tomorrow we tackle Selden Pass and because it is below 11,000 ft, we are hopeful there will be little snow. We'll have two major river crossings that will require us to wade across.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!