
This is me standing on Mather Pass. It wasn't as difficult as Glen Pass two days ago, but it wasn't easy either. There was less snow, but both sides of the pass are very steep and it took extra time to climb and descend. I hiked 20 miles today, but it took 13 hours to do it. I quickly setup camp near Big Pete Meadow in Kings Canyon and made a campfire for the first time on the PCT. I hiked today with a woman named Sugar from Canada. We also climbed Glen Pass together and are planning on sticking together on Muir Pass tomorrow. It's nice to have someone with you on these challenging sections.

When we arrived at our campsite, it was getting dark and I couldn't get any good pictures, but there were deer in the campsite and they didn't want to leave. They kept coming back and running by my tent as I was setting it up. It was exciting and a bit strange. It's almost 10pm and we plan to get up at 5:30 for an early start tomorrow. We want to get to Muir Pass before the snow gets too soft.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!