Pages

Pinchot Pass-Thursday, June 12

Before climbing over Pinchot Pass, I walked/bounced over a suspension bridge at Woods Creek and celebrated completing 800 miles of the PCT. How did I celebrate...with pop tarts of course.


I hiked alone for most of the day. It was slow going today with a lot of uphill hiking to the pass, snow at the the pass, and a steep downhill hike after the pass. It took me 11 hours to complete 19 miles. I am about 5.5 miles from Mather Pass, which reports say has the most snow of all the passes so far. I'm going to try to get hiking by 6 am tomorrow so the snow will still be firm and easier to hike on when I get there. Then I'll hike like a mad man down the other side to get as close to Muir Pass as I can so I can complete it the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!