After a 24 mile day and 6,000 feet of altitude gain, I'm camped at the Peter Grubb Hut. It is about 7 miles north of I80 near Truckee and it is the only hut style camping on the PCT. I am staying in the hut with 6 other people. Four are on the first day of their hike and the other three are PCT thru-hikers who I have seen regularly for the past few days. The new hikers seem too excited to sleep and the thru-hikers are too tired to talk.
Here are some pics from the last few days.
Before crossing the I-80, I treated myself to a meal at Donner Ski Ranch on Donner Summit Road. A tri-tip sandwich and fries were calling my name. I also charged my phone, emptied my trash bag, and used a real restroom with indoor plumbing! Amazing!
I've stepped up my miles over the last few days and am closing in on the half way point on the trail. I'm going to keep hiking faster because Linda C says I need to come home ASAP. : ) I've paid a price for all those extra miles...my first blister.
I'm truly missing my friends at the church and think of them often. Today was Sunday, and I was thinking all day about the services and what everyone was doing. I hope everything is going well and am praying for everyone: pastors, assistants, business office staff, worship arts team, maintenance, preschool, IT, media, audio, graphics, lighting, Kids Space, Nineveh, Without Permission, Cross, Learn The Word, Youth, Fitness, Men, Women...am I forgetting anyone?
Thanks again for reading and following along on my journey. Blessings!



Awe, thanks for prayers PLO, Lord knows I need them ;) I'm so happy to see everything is going so well for you, minus the blister, it would seem things are going pretty smooth. Great news by the way, I FINALLY found my lighting replacement, sheesh, took long enough right? Haha, his name is James and him and his wife will be moving here from New Mexico; he starts August 1st, yay! Also, other exciting news, only 45 more days till we can officially become Facebook friends....since I'm sure the suspense is killing ya! LOL! Well PLO I'm glad to see your adventure has been everything you've imagined it would be for so long, that is an experience only few people get to have in their life...accomplishing dreams and just going after God while doing it. I'll keep you in prayer of course and look forward to the next blog post :) almost halfway there PLO, so LEGIT!!
ReplyDelete-Dez