Pages

Timber!

Today I spent most of the day hiking through a section of forest that was being logged for timber. It was dirty, dusty, and generally unappealing. I hiked 93 miles in the past four days, averaging over 23 miles a day, and I have the blisters to prove it. I will arrive in Sierra City tomorrow by 1pm and resupply for the next section. I hope to rest for an hour or two, but I need to keep moving.

I camped at a developed campground for free at the manager's invitation. He saw me hiking near the campground and said I could stay at the host campsite. The host didn't show and the site was empty. A picnic table, water spigot, and pit toilet was like Heaven. The down side is that everyone in the campground thought I was the host. One woman wanted me to help her find her lost dog. Other people wanted to pay me for their site.

I'm in Sierra City now and just finished eating the biggest breakfast burrito I have ever seen. It's time to resupply, rest, and then get back on the trail. I have a deadline to meet Eva at Burney Falls State Park. That's 227 miles away. She has a new pair of shoes that I REALLY need. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!