After resupplying in Sierra City, I hiked another 8.5 miles, and watched the sunset as I ate dinner: pasta primavera, Oreo cookies, and a Snickers bar. It was quiet, windless, and I was all alone to enjoy the sunset. I hiked a total of 20 miles today even with a 3 hour town stop. I didn't get a chance to wash clothes or shower, but that will happen at the next resupply, when I stay with trail angels near Belden, CA: Laurie and Brenda Braaten.
I am managing some blisters, but I think what will really solve the problem is some new shoes. My shoes have holes in them and when I walk on pavement, I can tell there is zero cushion or support. I think my green super feet insoles need replacing too. They are the same pair I started with 1,200 miles ago and they weren't new then. My gaiters are also in shreds. It's time for a footwear extreme makeover!
I forgot to mention in a previous post that I met Sugar (my hiking partner in the High Sierra) on the trail the day before I hiked into Sierra City. What is strange about our meeting is that she was hiking SOUTH! She was meeting her boyfriend in the Tahoe area in a couple of days, and rather than relax and hitch a ride there, she decided to hike BACK 60 miles! That's crazy!!! For those of you wanting to see a picture of Sugar, you are not alone. She does take pictures on the trail, but she hides in the picture with only her hat or part if her head showing. She is the "Where's Waldo" of the PCT.
It's 9:15 pm and I'm already in bed and my eyes seem as tired as my feet. Tomorrow I plan to knock out 22-25 miles so I better sign off now. Blessings!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!