Pages

Wednesday, July 9-Sharing The Forest

The forest north of Sierra City has numerous dirt and gravel roads and they seem to be popular with people who own trucks and GUNS! Apparently someone is not happy with Sierra County, because there are huge bullet holes in the sign. The sign below warns drivers in the forest to swerve when being shot at to avoid being hit. :)
During dinner tonight I heard gun shots for the first time while on the PCT. They were loud, close, and made me wonder which direction they were shooting. I think it's too early for deer season so I'm not sure what they were shooting at. 
As you can see I bumped my head today while getting water. I had to scramble down an embankment and I hit my head on a branch. Don't worry, It only hurts when I think...

While stopped for lunch today a young woman named Bananaboat hiked quickly by me announcing that Coppertone is camped at a dirt road about 5 miles up the trail. Coppertone is a trail angel meeting hikers along the trail and is famous for providing root beer floats. I arrived about two hours later and enjoyed  my second root beer float on the trail. He also had fruit and chairs to sit in! It was a great morale boost on a hot, dry, and dusty day!

I hiked 25 miles today in about 12 hours  and am on track to meet Eva soon. By the time I see her, I'll have completed over half of the Pacific Crest Trail and be approximately 300 miles from the Oregon border. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!