Pages

Crater Lake

I walked the rim of Crater Lake today. There were breath taking views all morning and I enjoyed the walk even though I was carrying 4 liters of water to hike 27 miles to the next water source. It was a warm cloudless day and the visibility was good. (For the first time in maybe a week I could see stars the previous night.) You could see smoke, but it was way off in the distance.



I hiked 24 miles today starting around 6am. I stopped a little earlier than normal and will hike the 8 miles to Thielsen Creek before 10am tomorrow. I'll load up on water there and then hike another 16 miles to the next water at Six Horse Spring. This is a very dry section, much like the desert...just not as hot.

It's 7:30pm and I'm already in my tent and ready for bed. I'll be up early and hiking by 6:30am! Even though I'm not a morning person, when you are trying to average 25 miles a day, it's good to start early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!