Somehow I thought it would get easier and not harder after hiking so many miles. The longer I hike the more I miss home, family, friends, work, and the comforts of a roof, bed and indoor plumbing. The last week has been hard and I hope three days rest in Portland, where I get to see Eva, energizes me for the three weeks I need to hike through Washington and finish the Pacific Crest Trail.
After hiking over 2,000 miles, I know I can make it, but right now I lack the excitement I once had. I'm going to get a good night's rest and pray for sun tomorrow. I'm also praying for someone to hike with in Washington. I've been hiking alone since Tahoe and it would be great to have a partner for the last 500 miles.
Thanks again for following along on my PCT hike. I really do appreciate the encouraging comments and prayer. I've tried to be positive most of the time and I've enjoyed most of the hike, but I guess even thru-hikers have bad days. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!