Pages

Thursday August 14-Another Rainy Day

When we lived in Fresno, there were times during the winter when the fog would be so thick you wouldn't see the sun for days. Today, along with the rain was a thick mist that reminded me of the fog. I was also reminded that I would often get mildly depressed when the fog would last for days. I haven't seen the sun for four days and it is starting to get me down. It's 6:30pm, I'm sitting in my tent cooking dinner and trying to stay warm and dry after another 25 mile day. Here is a view from inside my tent. 
I'm at mile 2,030, it's been raining most of the day and it's raining now. I'm getting close to Mt. Hood and I've been told this is the prettiest part of the PCT in Oregon. I hope I get to see some of it tomorrow. Everything today was shrouded in a mist. The last weather report I saw said today was supposed to be the last day of rain until I reach Washington. That would be awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!