If I was president, all showers would be free!
I took a half mile detour to visit a campground for lunch today. I needed water and the thought of sitting at a picnic table like a civilized person was also appealing. I like visiting campgrounds because mingling with campers often results in the sharing of food and soda...hopefully with me. There were very few campers because of the fires, smoke, and ash, but when I went to use the bathroom I noticed the showers were FREE! At first, I thought, I'll just wash my socks, but the water was calling my name and soon I was standing under the shower head in hiker heaven. I didn't have soap or a towel, but I watched plenty of dirt wash down the drain and I dried quickly in the warm afternoon.
I hiked another 12 miles in the afternoon and I'm camped with three other hikers at a water source next to a ski patrol hut. There is no water for 10 miles in either direction so I really expected more people here.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!