I haven't recorded too many videos on the trail, but the ones I have captured I think are worth viewing. The latest one is of me walking through a tunnel behind a very tall water fall!
I have reached the small town of Cascade Locks at the northern border of Oregon, and across the bridge pictured above is Washington! Eva is on her way to pick me up and we'll spend three days together in Portland celebrating our 30th anniversary! After our time together in Portland, Eva will drive me back to Cascade Locks and I'll walk across the bridge called The Bridge Of The Gods, and I'll back on the trail to finish the PCT!
The last few days of hiking into Cascade Locks was difficult for me and I think main reason was is that I didn't take a break from hiking in the whole state of Oregon. It took me 18 days to hike from Ashland to Cascade Locks which is an average of 25.6 miles per day. I had no rest days and no town stops. I didn't sleep in a bed after leaving Ashland until I reached Cascade Locks. I'm finding that pace without any rest is pushing too hard for me and takes the joy out of the journey. I plan to hike 22-24 miles a day in Washington but I also plan to rest at each resupply stop, sleep in a bed whenever possible, and enjoy the last 500 miles!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!